Life Rules
*Be "Great!". When someone asks me how I am, I try not to say "Fine." I
usually say "Great!" or "Wonderful!" or "Lovely!" I know from experience
that simply saying it leads to believing it. And believing it makes it
real.
*Build Memories. I always tell people that when you get to the end of your life and look back, all that you will really have are memories. You should live life to "build memories."
*Ten Year Rule. I also have a "Ten Year Rule" that helps me maintain
perspective and priority. If I won't remember it in ten years then it is
less important that something that I will.
*Give Life. I firmly believe that it is my job to always be "life giving." Many little things that we say and do can be life taking, so it is important to focus, in every relationship but especially with a spouse, on giving life. I believe that God is Love, and God came that we might have Life, so Love is Life.
*Forgive. It is much easier to say it and not really do it than it is to do it whether it is said or not. When we don't forgive it eats us. When we carry that kind of stuff around with us, it is harder to be life giving.
*Pray. God is omniscient so everything that we do can and should be prayer. Everything that we do should give glory to God. From our work to our relationships with people, everything that we do should be praise. The greatest and most easily neglected prayers are prayers of thanks. I have a wonderful life and I need to thank Him for all the things that make it wonderful.
*Be Humble. Every person is God's handiwork. Every human has unique gifts and talents. I can give life by recognizing them in people. I can give life just by remembering someone's name. Most of the "stuff" that I have that I might be proud of could be gone in a flash. I need to avoid focusing on myself and always try to elevate the people around me.
*Serve. Jesus washed his disciples feet. This image is so profound! This example maps the road to personal fulfillment. Even with all of our
accomplishments and successes, we can feel empty. Service to another fills the void.
*Be "Great!". When someone asks me how I am, I try not to say "Fine." I
usually say "Great!" or "Wonderful!" or "Lovely!" I know from experience
that simply saying it leads to believing it. And believing it makes it
real.
*Build Memories. I always tell people that when you get to the end of your life and look back, all that you will really have are memories. You should live life to "build memories."
*Ten Year Rule. I also have a "Ten Year Rule" that helps me maintain
perspective and priority. If I won't remember it in ten years then it is
less important that something that I will.
*Give Life. I firmly believe that it is my job to always be "life giving." Many little things that we say and do can be life taking, so it is important to focus, in every relationship but especially with a spouse, on giving life. I believe that God is Love, and God came that we might have Life, so Love is Life.
*Forgive. It is much easier to say it and not really do it than it is to do it whether it is said or not. When we don't forgive it eats us. When we carry that kind of stuff around with us, it is harder to be life giving.
*Pray. God is omniscient so everything that we do can and should be prayer. Everything that we do should give glory to God. From our work to our relationships with people, everything that we do should be praise. The greatest and most easily neglected prayers are prayers of thanks. I have a wonderful life and I need to thank Him for all the things that make it wonderful.
*Be Humble. Every person is God's handiwork. Every human has unique gifts and talents. I can give life by recognizing them in people. I can give life just by remembering someone's name. Most of the "stuff" that I have that I might be proud of could be gone in a flash. I need to avoid focusing on myself and always try to elevate the people around me.
*Serve. Jesus washed his disciples feet. This image is so profound! This example maps the road to personal fulfillment. Even with all of our
accomplishments and successes, we can feel empty. Service to another fills the void.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home